Hallmarking is done to accurately determine the proportionate content of precious metal in jewellery/artefacts or bullion/coins. This is also and official recorded.
- BIS Hallmark is highest purity assurance for Silver in India.
- The product is tested and certified by Government Licensed Hallmarking Centre.
- For hallmarking of jewellery, a jeweller has to obtain a registration from BIS. Only Licensed Jewellers, like us can get their articles hallmarked.
- Hallmarking Scheme is currently voluntary for silver items in India.
The BIS Hallmarking process is as follows:
- The registered jeweler submits the jewellery for hallmarking to BIS recognized Hallmarking Centre.
- Hallmarking centres are the testing centres where the jewellery is tested.
- After testing, the Hallmarking centre applies hallmark on the jewellery if the jewellery meets the requirement of the standard.
Acceptable BIS Hallmark Purities in Silver:
Check the validity of our BIS Hallmark License No. 7700046917 here:
One thought on “What is BIS Hallmark? How does a BIS Hallmark guarantee the purity of Silver item?”
Osasbazaar has great products and these are appreciated by all family members.